Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Well, the storm's over...

...and we didn't blow away, or flow away, or lose power. Our house isn't under water, and we don't have any trees down. However, the state is in a state of emergency and there is water still standing pretty much everywhere. Our schools were able to go on as normal because the buses could run - no bridges or roads washed out in our town. Neighboring towns weren't so lucky.

I have been remembering back to this time last year - Will was deployed and our house was leaking. More specifically, our back doors were leaking, and leaking a lot. The builder was giving me the run-around about getting it fixed and they had to rip up our hardwood floors to avoid mold and rot. It was bad and I was alone. In typical fashion, Will has missed out on this bout of bad weather, too. I'm just glad it was short-lived.

I hope the weather where you are is nice and mild. We're looking forward to getting a good dose of unseasonably warm weather (fingers crossed) when we venture south during the holidays. Too bad we can't stay longer!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yeah, it's going to be 80 tomorrow and Saturday here. Craziness. We've actually tied all-time high temperatures so far.

Schweers' Mom said...

I wondered how much rain and bad stuff you guys had up there. Glad you were spared!

Unseasonable warm and totally like Christmas in Texas. Yuk. I should move.