Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend at home...

This being Will's first weekend home in a long while, we debated going out of town - a short getaway somewhere fun, slightly romantic, quiet, and without chores. However, after a late night picking up Will at the airport Thursday (essentially spending two and half hours together for Valentine's, which is a record!) I am so glad we opted to stay home. We celebrated Valentine's on Friday night at a great sushi restaurant in Olympia. We've enjoyed this place before, but we were pretty impressed this time as we made some good picks on rolls...my favorite is topped with salmon and a paper thin slice of lemon. Yum.

We spent a lazy Saturday at home after a futile attempt to watch the A&M basketball game at a sports bar (no one carried it). The evening was spent at the neighbors' house, catching up. Yesterday, we went to church and then out for pho, which turned out the place to be for people from the church - the service starts at 10:30 , not 11 like most of the other services around here, so we tend to beat the lunch rush. I spend the afternoon finishing a book and napping. Divine. We rounded out the night with dinner at home and a movie.

So far, we only have plans to hit Costco and Wal-Mart today...maybe a movie? Maybe Ikea? We shall see. At the very least we're spending time together, which beats the heck out of the last five weeks!

Last, but certainly not least, today is my dad's birthday! Happy birthday, dad! I hope you've got the day off as well, and that you can spend it fishing on the boat. In your honor, we might stop by Cabela's today and peruse the lures. Love you!

2 comments:

Teach said...

I'm so glad you got at least 2 hours on Valentine's Day! I love those lazy weekends too! There's nothing better. Have a great week ;)

Nikki said...

I am so glad that the two of you actually got to spend sometime on Valentines Day!Enjoy the time with your hubby!