Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break? Ha! We are still three weeks from Spring Break. In the middle of those three weeks is the second round of parent conferences. And then, in true brilliance, our state testing starts immediately when we get back from break. Nothing but a rip-roarin' good time up here.

On a much lighter note, Will and I spent the better part of the weekend lounging. We did venture out to an Irish pub on Saturday night with some friends, and lo and behold, there was a reggae band playing. Yep, reggae. Nope, not Irish reggae...just plain reggae. And I'll add that none of the band members were from the island most famous for reggae, unless I'm way off base and reggae is really from the island of Hawaii. But I'm pretty sure it's not. Well, it was an experience to say the least. An experience devoid of green beer, however, which was a minor disappointment...as opposed to the Polynesian reggae band, which falls in the major category.

Today the state is supposed to go green (-er?) for St. Patty's day, but it's raining so I'm definitely not riding my bike to work. That and I don't know where I'd carry my econo-sized box of Lucky Charms for our math lesson...nothing like percents, ratios and decimal conversions with sugary cereal. I promise to recycle the box.

Happy St. Patrick's Day, y'all.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

Polynesian reggae at an Irish pub the weekend of St. Patrick's Day devoid of green beer?! You need to move.

Teach said...

I'm so glad you included that bit about the Lucky Charms. I've got to remember my box for sorting/graphing next Monday. Have a great week!!

Schweers' Mom said...

I was shopping with my teen boys on St. Pat's day and almost bought a Flogging Molly t-shirt to celebrate the day. I decided that I would be the only 46 year old out there who even knew who the band was and no one my age would "get it". Oh well. But for a brief nanosecond my kids thought I was pretty cool. (And, yes, I do have a Flogging Molly song on my iPod - for work-out purposes.)