-Our school had a talent show a few weeks back. I was sorely disappointed at the lack of turnout of teachers, but I had a great time! The talent truly blew me away...well, not so much the talent (in all cases - there were some amazing performances) but the courage. I would have never, ever, not-in-a-million-years have performed in a talent show when I was 12 (that is, if I had some kind of talent with which to perform). These kids were fantastic. Check out this video of a sixth grader playing the piano...it's kind of long, and the part that highlights his talent is towards the end, but this is the first time I've uploaded video and I'm not going to mess with it right now. (Remember, I'm listing to make things easier...I'm sure not gonna edit video...)
-The BEST part of the talent show to me was the signing (yes, you read that right - signing, not singing). A group signed two songs, one of them being "Made to Love" by Toby Mac. I was truly blown away at their emotion while signing - they knew the meaning of the words and it was so evident in their performance. Whoa. Here are a few pictures of them, although it was hard to catch the action...
-I finally uploaded the video of our Washington's-Version-of-a-Country-and-Western-Bar excursion...pure entertainment...
- This first video shows what they call a "Repetitive Pattern Dance" to that song they always play at sporting events - I don't know the name, but it's the one that goes, "Y'all ready for this?" You'll be able to hear it.
- Unfortunately, the audio on this second video is horrible. You can kind of hear Will try to get my attention at the beginning - he's trying to get me to focus on the guy who apparently had a fight with the sleeve monster in the parking lot, before he made it into the bar. My view was blocked by the couple who was "freestyling," which I'd like to point out they told us NOT to do during repetitive pattern dancing (and we were just going to two-step to a normal song...). Anyway, this dance is done to Will Smith's "Men in Black," and no I am not kidding...try to hear the beat and hopefully it'll all make sense to you. I take that back - It should by no means make sense to any of you who are from the south, but you might at least be able to see the pattern to their dance, and that it does, in fact, repeat.
-And speaking of that night out, we now have photographic evidence that we are too old for MySpace. We totally can't do the picture thing - You know, the one that, apparently, is the requirement. See for yourself:
Thank goodness for facebook...there may be a place for us yet on a social networking site.
-The dogs have been on my nerves since Will's been gone. It has been raining most of the time, and cold - the dogs have wanted to be inside. They are wound up and I'm so looking forward to nice weather. I did catch some good shots of the dogs on the only nice day in the past month (weeks ago)...they're all smiles, especially after discovering their new favorite summertime drink!


-The dogs have been on my nerves since Will's been gone. It has been raining most of the time, and cold - the dogs have wanted to be inside. They are wound up and I'm so looking forward to nice weather. I did catch some good shots of the dogs on the only nice day in the past month (weeks ago)...they're all smiles, especially after discovering their new favorite summertime drink!
However, I'm not all smiles after I came home and found this...
...and this...
-I think that's it for now. I'm just trying to make it to the last day of school. I might actually blog more than once a week during the summer...might. We'll see. Hope everyone is happy and healthy. Hopefully, I'll be making the rounds this summer and I'll get to catch up with a lot of you in person...strange concept, huh?
3 comments:
I laughed so loud at the dancing that Chris came in to check on me. Oh my. You need to get back to Texas quick.
Yee Haw! Cowboy Up Tree Huggers...
oh! tell that kid playing the piano great job!
I am excited you are coming down for a big Texas visit!!! I would love to catch up and introduce you to sweet Noah... Just let me know :)
Post a Comment