My Incredibly Green Thumb
I left my garden in the hands of my lawn service (aka The Lawn Squad, my teenage/preteen neighbor boys). They were to water the garden each week when they came to do the yard, and take any veggies as they ripened. Um, yeah. They didn't take any. The zucchini and cherry tomato plants completely took over, killing off the eggplant, the herbs, and the cucumbers. Holy cow.
Before --
After (you can barely see the planter box)--
As I started poking around in that mess, I discovered what I considered to be one of the world's largest zucchinis --
For a little perspective, here it is next to a normal-sized, ripe zucchini from the same plant --
And then I found this monster lurking in there, but I couldn't get it out until I cut back most of the plant --
More perspective -
Is it because I bought organic??? Maybe it's the mushroom compost soil we bought???
Anyway, I'm afraid to cut into these huge veggies for fear of some alien being crawling out and devouring me for destroying its pod/home.
Are they even edible?
6 comments:
That is insane. I'm not sure I'd cut into it either. I think an entire squirrel could be living inside there. =)
The largest one is as long as my arm (shoulder to wrist) and probably weighs 8 pounds. It could be a whole squirrel family...
HOLY COW! That is AMAZING!
Glad you are back - safe at home - hope these last few months FLY by!
Oh. My. Goodness!!!!!
Don't cut it. Don't leave it in your house at night.
It's like you grew a NEWBORN!!! Elizabeth weighed just over 8lbs. Quick, go measure the thing, and if it's around 21 inches, you can name it Elizabeth. :-)
Oh my! That is too funny! Now you know what my life is like with teen boys. Yeah...especially when I leave them to their devices to clean the upstairs bathroom. ALthough I haven't found any paranormal zucchini yet...
Those are some incredible veggies, Amy! I'm impressed!
Are the pups home with you? Maybe they would like to play with the large zuccini!
Post a Comment