Getting back into the swing of things...
We have had such a wonderful summer. We had a blast in Vegas, spent some quality time with family, and caught up with some of Will's classmates at his 10-year reunion. It was a whirlwind, as always, but so much fun. Really and truly, it's these brief visits with family and friends that get me through the rest of the year (especially when Will is away). I'll have to get my pictures uploaded and share some specifics from our trip later!
I was only gone three weeks but things sure are different here...My garden is out of control, Maddie looked like a bear (but is much more comfortable after a grooming appointment today), our house is a mess (well, that one is not so different), and one of my friends is beginning the process of divorce. My heart feels so heavy for her, so sad. Can it have only been three weeks?
I am looking forward to my new job at my new school, and I'm ready to get to work - I'm sure it's some sort of illness, but I love organizing my classroom, planning my lessons, and scouring stores for deals on school supplies. I have four new books that are just screaming to be read and highlighted in preparation for my literary arts class. I've been collecting quotes and songs to use as inspiration or illustration, and I'm going to work on some poetry (well, to be honest, I'm going to revisit some poetry I wrote in high school -YIKES!) to share with the kids. I'm looking forward to being authentic with my students as we explore writing as a performance art. It will surely be a year of learning and growing, but I am so ready for this change and challenge.
However, right now I need to get dinner ready and do another load of laundry. Home, sweet home.
12 years ago
2 comments:
Glad you made it home! I was glad to get back here after only being gone three days, so I can't imagine HOW great it must have been for you! Look forward to our next visit!
hope you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new school..keep us updated!
Post a Comment