Several weekends ago we went to the fair. I love the fair (I think Will could take it or leave it...which is funny because my sister just told me the other day that Chris loves the fair, but
she could take it or leave it - ha). The major draw on this particular day for me was the fact that James Taylor was playing that night! We found some tickets on Craig's List that morning, and headed out to enjoy the gorgeous sunshine.
Another big draw for me was the
Charley Harper exhibit. They had 20 or so originals on display, and I just loved getting to see them up close. Of course, I wanted to take a few of them home, but we just couldn't afford the $18,000 price tag...maybe someday? I have always thought about doing our nursery (one day) in Charley Harper - there is an ABC book with his work, and I think it would be precious to frame the pages with the letters spelling the baby's name. Will's Nana had a Charley Harper print of foxes (right, Mom D?) that is vivid and bright and fun. Will enjoyed the exhibit, too, and we found some favorites.
It was such a perfect day.

Just look at that sunshine!

We tried the scones - a bit hit at the fair up here - but we weren't impressed. Really it's just a biscuit with butter and raspberry jam...don't understand all the fuss (or the 20 minute line).

It was SO COLD that night at the concert. We huddled together and tried to stay warm. The seats were so close together, so when the rest of our row showed up there was a little relief from the cold as we were smashed in.

One of my favorites was a song I didn't know - Shed a Little Light. It was so moving the way they performed this song, too. The concert was
packed, but JT is the kind of performer that makes big venues seem intimate. He had conversations with the audience and totally interacted with us. Just amazing.

I just love a man who plays the harmonica.
2 comments:
I think I'd like to live in a place called "Sillyville."
That's right on the Charley Harper- And if I have a copy of that print in Nana's stash, it is now yours. I know she had several. One hangs in A. Carey's office and I think another is at A. Lenoirs.
Post a Comment