The weekend, I mean...and the school year, and life in the Station. It's really hard to believe. I had a wonderful weekend of organizing my apartment to get ready for the move. I broke up the monotony by watching movies. I rented and watched four DVDs this weekend. I am not a movie renter, or a movie go-er for that matter. The most recent movie I went to was Akeelah and the Bee, and I cannot even remember the last movie I went to before that. I thoroughly enjoyed myself, all the while thinking about what movie renting will be like with a husband! Will and I have never been in the same place, so renting movies is not something we have done too much. (Although, the times we have rented movies have not all been successful - really, they've been anything but. One more area in which to grow together.) Will and I have never spent more than a week in the same place. In fact, it might be more like five or six days. I have been asked many times if this worries me, and the answer is a resounding...well, no, not really. We have talked about how nice it will be to sit on our couch and watch a TV show, or to cook dinner together (by that I mean I will cook dinner while Will provides stimulating conversation). All of these mundane things we have done while spending time at our parents' houses, but not really on our own (except for the obligatory artichoke we must cook every time we get together). Now, what we have done is take countless trips to Best Buy, the mall, restaurants and Starbucks. Our times together are so short we seem to fill them up with tasks and activities. I don't think either of us is actually a huge Starbucks fan, but it became a place to go to out of habit...we always needed a place to waste some time saying good bye before driving back to our respective towns. Much in the same fashion, Best Buy became the place we would go to hash out our financial values. :) The two of us may have not figured out too many of each other's quirks as some couples are able to do before marriage, but we do value time together, which is something we have not been able to take for granted. I hope that we don't take that time together for granted after we are married, either, since deployments are inevitable. Even if we were living in the same place now, I'd have had this sort of weekend as Will is overseas for the next few weeks. I guess we'll have to take it all one step at a time, which I don't think is much different from any newlyweds.
The rest of my weekend will be spent in ritual fashion - watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition, taking an hour break to browse the internet, and then watching Grey's Anatomy. This is the one night I spend watching TV, and Will is already fully aware of this (right Will?). He likes to call them "my shows." So babe (if you're reading), I'll be watching my shows. I hope you are safe and sound wherever you are. I'll be picturing you like this...

In this...

Be careful. I miss you. See you four days before the wedding...
No comments:
Post a Comment