I need to:
-update my blog.
-add some (okay, lots of) pictures from this summer.
-clean my dirty house and do loads and loads of laundry.
-go to the dentist (it's been a year).
-update my blog links (I love new bloggers!).
But FIRST of all, I need to find out if I'm actually staying at the school where I have an almost-decorated room with all of my stuff, or if our numbers will be too low and I'll have to move to an over-crowded school. I need to figure out the millions things that come with a new school and district, which is hindered by the fact that I am the only teacher new to the school this year (actually in the last three years!!!) and no one seems to have time to help me. I actually have a theory of sabotage working in my head, but I'm trying not to think so negatively about my situation. Right now I'm headed into work to spread some sunshine as everyone there was so grumbly yesterday. Ugh.
Some very positive things - I have a great principal, I only have 20 kids as of now, I don't have to be at school until 8:30 a.m. every day, and I have my room very, very organized and clean. I did a very cute bulletin board yesterday, only to have a co-worker tell me that "At our school, we don't cover the hallway bulletin boards with paper, we leave them just cork." Well, not me! Sorry, sister, but I didn't read that in the rule book. I've been wracking my brain to try to remember if I've been praying for patience or something (you know how that works - you pray for patience and God gives you situations in which to learn it!).
Y'all don't even know the joy I face each day at work. And off I go! I really will update when things settle down. I do have a three-day weekend coming up!
12 years ago
2 comments:
Amy, kudos for being do positive in the midst of what could be a yucky situation. I know that any school who has you is very blessed, as are every child you work with.
Kierstyn
AMY!
You and I are in the same boat! How yucky! No one tells me anything; well unless it's after the fact! I almost quit on day 4, but day 5 went better, so I'm trying to hang in there!! I miss Jane Long soooooo much! Teachers that care and a school district that provides what you need.... I got my 3 reams of paper for the year... um, ya because that's going to be enough.... GRRRR!!!!!
Post a Comment