Thursday, May 15, 2008

We had a jam-packed weekend (well, Saturday) with a golf tournament and a neighborhood block party. The tournament was brutally long, but fun - a charity even for the school district. Will played, I caddied. Our team was rounded out by my good friend from work Jen and her husband, and our principal. Those three had not played before. I thought it made for a fun time...Will - maybe not so much. Anyhow, it was a beautiful course (even though it was raining and incredibly windy most of the day).


We made it to the block party a little late because we had to take naps after the tournament. The food was great, and so was the conversation. It's a mostly military block, but only one other AF family. They rented a bounce house for the kids, and once the already dim day finally turned dark, three of us pulled out our fire pits. Kids made s'mores and the adults had s'more beer. Good times. Here's me with my friend Rhonda ...I suffered severe wind burn from driving the golf cart in the nasty weather.

Our fire pit was the only casualty (closest to the camera). Apparently a pot can only withstand high temperatures when it is actually fired in a kiln. It made it about 30 minutes before a huge crack emerged on the side. We had to head to bed early because Will had a trip Sunday morning, and the fire pit was returned to us with the bowl in 47 pieces (give or take a few).

6 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

That looks like SO much fun! I'm glad you had a relaxing time and could spend some time with Will Box before he headed out again. Sorry about the fire pit bowl...hmmm, you'd think they'd figure the fire would get hot, right? Lastly...you made me giggle with the s'more beer comment...classic! Can't wait to hear when you are planning to be in the area!!

Alicia said...

I love the new header and background. It is simple, but very classic.

Schweers' Mom said...

I LOVE your new blog design!! Man, mine sure needs a facelift.

Wilsons said...

I love your new blog layout and pic!!! It looks great! Where did you get it??? I must not be very blog savvy because I don't know how you and Charla get these cute layouts and stuff :/
Love keeping up with you!

Donna said...

I love the layout and really love the pic of you and Will-I-Am. You and Charla have to tell me how or where the new blog looks are coming from. dp

Kierstyn said...

I'm with everyone else, and LOVE the new header! Great picture, great lay out, it's just all around perfect!