Just in the last year, I have started to eat breakfast every day. Sometimes that means a bowl of cereal while I watch the news before work, but mostly that means eating an english muffin or dry granola while teaching reading and writing at about 9 in the morning...or even later, a bowl of instant oatmeal during my 11:00 planning period! Will just told me the other day that he has started to eat breakfast, too - he used to just grab a granola bar or a shake (read: Ensure). So, I started looking for more breakfast ideas, and I remembered I had some steel cut oats in the pantry. I have made them only once - they take 30 minutes on the stove, and they make a mess of the pan. So, naturally, I googled recipes for steel cut oats...
I found a slow-cooker recipe that is both easy and tasty, and makes clean-up easy to boot! I'll just tease you with a picture of my delicious Monday morning breakfast, but I will post about it later on Tiny Tidbits.
Oh, and have you been reading Kelly's Korner? Have you checked out her recipe section? If not, please do. And try this:
1 comment:
Alton Brown had a recipe he showed once about cooking oatmeal in a slow cooker. You put it on the night before and voila! The next morning OATMEAL. It looked fantastic. You might want to check out Good Eats and see if you can
find it (or the Food Network).
That Butterfinger Cake looks AMAZING.
Post a Comment