Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sun, glorious sun!

We had a b-e-a-utiful day here in western WA! Finally! We have had a bout of sun recently, but it has been so, so cold. Not today! It was so hard to stay inside today, but we had learning to do that required desks and overheads, but if it's nice tomorow we might head outside! I sponsor an after school club, K-Kids (part of Kiwanis International, a service organization), and we were able to do our campus clean-up outside and most of us didn't even wear coats. It's really hard to explain just how much this does for my mood. It's divine.

Dixie and I were so inspired we did our longest leg of jogging ever - 20 minutes! Might not sound like much to you, but to us it was tough! We've finished week 5 of our program and It. Was. Rough. Whew! I am not a runner. Neither is Dixie. But I figure we covered 2 miles total today (including our warm-up and cool-down brisk walking) - being outside is harder for me because the ground is uneven, and I am a wimp on the treadmill and hardly ever do more than a level 1 incline! There was one stretch of a very slight, but very long uphill climb at about minute 12 and I seriously considered walking it - but we pushed through and focused on the cruise. In April. Where bathing suits are required. We have a long way to go, but we're definitely on our way! (I like to use "we" because while I am working on my body, Dixie is working on her behavior. The exercise does wonders for her destructive/annoying tendencies. She's getting better.)

Now I'm going to head to soak and read Very Valentine and sip some Red Diamond Shiraz. And to top it off, tomorrow's Friday...how about that?

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh Amy! I am so glad the sun was shining and you are feeling better. The cruise sounds like so much fun. Chat soon:)