It's hard not to be full of joy and thankfulness when you've had over a solid week of beautiful sunshine in WA! It has truly been uplifting. I can't get enough of the cool, clear mornings, coffee on the porch, birds beating me to the backyard. The windows are open and it seems as if everything (including me) has come to life again. We had such a wet, dreary spring...
I don't mean to hibernate for the winter. We don't stay inside all of the time - we get out and try to do things, but even so it feels as if I've been sleeping for months and months and I'm just finally awake. This winter was definitely better than the last (with the addition of Vitamin D supplements) but no matter my good intent, it still was a cloudy season. And to be quite honest, I think it helps that the television show season is over. Even with a DVR, television eats up hours of our week. I'm going to be making some considerations and changes come fall...I'm so enjoying these evenings of reading, bow making, and being outside.
So, this morning I am thankful in such an overflowing sort of way. I am making some granola to bring to a writing workshop that I am attending in preparation for my new teaching job. I just can't wait. It's an upbeat kind of morning, worthy of an upbeat soundtrack...Alan Jackson singing hymns (his Precious Memories album) is just perfect. And there's not a song more perfect than "What a Friend We Have in Jesus" - a reminder of where this joy comes from, and where this thankfulness is directed. And my Grandma Margaret's favorite.
What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
Oh what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.
Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer.
1 comment:
I love that hymn. It was a blessing to me this evening to read these familiar words of comfort. Thanks for posting them.
Post a Comment