Thursday, August 31, 2006

Married life, homeownership...These things bring with them whole new sets of life experiences as well as necessities. I've always liked gadgets. However, the realm of gadgets that I like seem to be centered around a few areas of life - cooking, cleaning and computers. I love kitchen gadgets. Who would have thought I'd have used a food processor 5 times in a week??? One of the most useful tools I have ever owned. And with our floors I have discovered the need for a microfiber dust mop...It's like a huge Swiffer, but with a washable cover that attracts dust and dirt, but keeps it up in the soft pile so that it won't scratch the floor. Brilliant. And of course I love my laptop and my digital camera and my three-in-one printer because I feel their value-added factor to my life.

This is not really the direction my life is headed, not anymore. I mean, how many gadgets can one have for the kitchen? We were blessed with some amazing wedding gifts, and I must say I can't think of anything else I'd need (not to mention the space to put more) in the kitchen. Nope, the direction my life is headed is to Lowe's. This is a whole new realm of gadgets.

I'll let Will demonstrate these gadgets for you...




We have also started to extend our back patio with some huge, flat stones from Lowe's. Apparently this requires all sorts of grading and leveling, although I'd just like to slap them down and call it a day. Since that's not the case, we'll be frequenting the married suburban couple Mecca...Let's build something together, right?

To most of you readers - we'll see you there.

-Amy

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Mr. and Mrs. Rootbeer,

Mr. Cola and I would like to say we must agree with your musings on the "suburban couple's Mecca." Although we are no longer suburbanites, we definitely make trips to this holiest of lands as often as we can. I wish we were closer so we could make these journey's together. Moreover, I will think of you both the next time I set foot in that great place, the land of mineral spirits and paint, and I will know your weekends are consumed with endless projects and time consuming tasks and not weep so bitterfly for myself, knowing we are not alone!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

p.s. Push or self-propelled?

Amy said...

Self-propelled...evil, I know. But, hey, it was on sale! The mower was actually a suprise gift from my dear husband. Don't be jealous.

-Amy