Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Oh yeah, the house...

I don't have many pictures yet, mainly because it's been a huge mess most of the time. I will update soon, though, since things are coming together around here. As I type I am looking down the street at a moving truck twice the size of the one that brought our stuff, and I'm wondering what they are going to do with all of that cardboarad. We have been carting it to the recycling station up the street what seems like non-stop, and there is still a ton left in the driveway, in the garage and even in the house (but not much now!). Those box makers must be living large with the way this community is growing! I'm pretty sure Will told me that once our "neighborhood" is done, there will be almost 1500 new homes. Now that's a lot of moving boxes...
Okay, so this isn't the house, but it's a great shot of the welcoming Washington weather as we drove to our house for the first time!
Our first home-cooked meal in our home...yes, those are camp chairs and a Rubbermaid tub. We're high class.
Will watching the moving van pull up in front of the house. We were in the house 5 days with no furniture or stuff, except a bed, two camp chairs, and what we had brought with us on the drive from Texas.

Well, once again I need to get back to organizing. The quicker I get this place in shape, the quicker I can post pictures!

1 comment:

Brent said...

What a fun and exciting time of life! I'm really happy for you both.