So, back to the food...I decided I had to get out of the house lest I fuse to the couch and become one with digital cable. I have exhausted two books in the last two days and watched more TV than could possibly be healthy. The supreme answer to a lonely heart and a stuffy nose? Thai food. Yes, the wonder that is Tom Kha. Pair with hot tea, jasmine rice, and a crossword puzzle. Okay, so obviously I know that Thai cuisine is not my cure-all for either heartache or the common cold. But as chocolate often cures the evils of the world, so does spicy coconut chicken soup. Thank you, Jesus, for both.
3 comments:
I looked at the weather yesterday and saw there was a 60% chance of rain the day I get there! Won't slow us down. I just need YOU to get well, so you can be 100% for all the things we will be doing! Funny that you had Thai...Rich and I went to Amarillo last night to watch the volleyball girls in Playoffs (they lost, but it was a good game), and were going to eat Thai (had the directions and everything), but he got in touch with some buddies he wanted to see and so we ate Mexican instead. It's hard to convince a Panhandle boy that Thai food is as good, if not better, than Mexican. Hummm? I will pray for health and good books!
That looks delicious. I'll have to try it.
My piano teacher recommended that same soup to me once when I had a cold. I adore Thai food! Your soup looks fabulous! I think I could tolerate 18 days of rain with a bowl of that. (Sorry you are without your hubby to sympathize!)
Post a Comment