Well, I can barely hear myself think because the floor people are here to reinstall our hardwood that has been torn up since November due to leaky doors on the back of our house. I could not be more excited and I'm sitting right here in the living room watching the work, even though it's LOUD. I haven't felt like having people over (except for our special out-of-town visitors!) because of the disarray of the house - all due to the floor. They also had to take up the baseboards around the area where the floor is missing. The subfloor looks terrible and is a dust and dirt magnet. I've been having to vacuum the plywood floor because of all of the mess that gets tracked in from the back doors. The missing floor extends from the living room, through the eating area in the kitchen, past the start of the kitchen cabinets. The kitchen table can't go in the center of the room because of it, and the chair and ottoman in the living room have been at a crazy angle, taking up way more room than they should. All in all, it has been an inconvenience, but it's over TODAY!
On another note, I made a dessert last night that I was somewhat skeptical of, at least, before we tasted it! A while back there was a coupon in the paper for this:

It ended up being just over two dollars. Cheesecake is Will's favorite dessert, and after making it for is birthday I knew it was both expensive and time consuming. I thought I'd give this a try. I had graham crackers/butter/sugar at home to make the crust, so this was a cheap dessert. And surprisingly good. A note to anyone who tries it: Use an electric mixer to whip it up before putting it in the crust. When I opened the tub it was not very smooth, so I whipped it for a minute or two and it turned out to be a perfect cheesecake consistency! It passed the cheesecake connoisseur's taste-test and I even sent a slice in his lunch box for a little midday snack.
That's all I've got for now. I'll have to post some floor pics (before and after) when they are done.
3 comments:
To make it even easier...buy the premade Graham cracker crusts...I use them when I make our Body For Life cheesecakes and they are yummy!
p.s. you really need to update your blogger version because everytime i want to leave you a message I have to copy the comment, sign in again as a google member and then paste it into the comment section...just a suggestion, though (hee hee)!
I can't switch until they fix the new blogger version and make it Safari friendly! That's good info for you to know, too, with your new computer from school - there are all sorts of kinks they haven't worked out between Google Blogger and Safari for Macs! I keep checking message boards, but people are still having all sorts of trouble, so no new blogger for me!!!
Oh, one more thing. If you make the crust at home, you can use an egg white and less than half of the butter a traditional graham cracker crust calls for, plus you can control the sugar or use Splenda! (Not that it really helped out this recipe, but it is great for pies that use fat-free/sugar-free Cool Whip and sugar-free Jello, etc. like an eclair pie!)
Post a Comment