Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Now, don't fall out of your seat when you hear this, but --drum roll-- we've had sun two out of the last three days! I feel renewed. The dogs had good, long walks on Sunday afternoon and yesterday evening when I got home from work. It poured buckets on Monday, but I'm focusing on the here and now. We're supposed to have another day of sun today. It has been bitter cold, but there's nothing like seeing Rainier on my way to work. I'll take a clear, freezing cold day over rain.

There is never an end to keeping the house organized and clean, but I've given myself a deadline (February 15th) to get the office cleaned out, organized, and functional, and to get the garage back to organized - after the camping this summer, hunting this fall, and Christmas decorations, it's gotten out of control. I can barely get the car in to park - which is a must for me because I don't want to have to scrape ice off or go out early to warm it up in the morning. I have a long weekend coming up, plus another the first weekend in February (we can work from home on the 1st, which is a semester prep day). So, there it is. I can get it done with a little hard work and purging. It's much easier to get rid of stuff when Will is not around to pack rat it all! Don't worry - I won't throw out anything that is important to him (I'll stash all knickknacks just in case, Charla!). I'll keep you updated on my progress!

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Ha! Yes, heaven forbid you should throw away a porcelain pilgrim carrying a turkey! That would be devastating.

Alicia said...

I'd like to see before and after pictures because I might just hire you for when you come in April! Wanna work over Spring Break? =) Kidding!

Brent said...

As we all know, from season 1 of The Newlyweds, Nick thought he was doing Jessica a favor by cleaning out her office. And he did. He even had her gold records on the wall.

As we all also learned, Jessica, when she returned from a series of concerts, got very mad at Nick for doing that while she was away and not getting her input.

Of course, he wound up giving her a beer and telling her to finish it before they finished the conversation.

We could all learn a lot from that show, Amy. Pay close attention, okay?

:)