Biggest Loser, Bloggin' Style...
Here's a recipe that I find delicious and satisfying, and it's healthy! I have made this the last few times that Will's been out of town (it's not really a man meal) and it's great reheated.
Refried Bean Soup (my mom gave me this recipe - she got it at a WW meeting years back)
1 can Rotel (I prefer the lime/cilantro)
1 can fat free refried beans (I like refried black beans)
2 cans chicken stock (low sodium)
Open cans. Dump in a pot. Cook until combined and hot. Serve with a dallop of low fat sour cream (I don't really like the fat free kind, it tastes funny to me) and low fat shredded cheese. Delish!
For those not on a commitment to health challenge (or, um, a diet), you can add shredded chicken, a can of corn, and serve with tortilla chips!
12 years ago
3 comments:
Amy, I think that sounds great. I like "can dump" meals with flavor. I'm gonna give it a try soon!
I am gonna have to try that for sure!!! Thanks for sharing!
You've been on my heart this morning...Today I am praying that God will be El-Shaddai, the God Almighty of all blessings to each of us. El-Shaddai means the Breasty One Who nourishes and supplies our every need and fufills our every desire (like a new born depends completely on his mother). He is ALL-BOUNTIFUL AND ALL-SUFFICIENT. Looking forward to the next 11 weeks
Post a Comment