A little over a week ago, I was taking care of the recycling that we had let pile up in the house. We have a bin inside where we put all of our recyclables, but it's small and fills up fast. I still hadn't broken down all of the boxes, so it didn't all fit in the bin and was stacked up around it and in brown paper bags. It was quite the accumulation. I decided to prop the door open, go out through the garage, and make the several trips in and out until it was all in the recycling container outside. In the middle of this process, my neighbor stopped by. We were chatting, when all of a sudden, a bird flew in the garage, then through the open door and straight into my kitchen.
After getting over the shock of the bird being in the house, and realizing I did not want to have try to catch it with my bare hands, but didn't want to hurt it either, my neighbor's husband wandered over. Thankfully, he was willing (and able) to catch the bird and release it back outside where it belonged.
Nothing like a bird in the house to liven up my chores.
*Note the dishes piled up in the sink. I did eventually take care of those, too.
**Also note that while I did not offer help, I did get photographic evidence of the situation as any good blogger would do.
2 comments:
That's a cute little bird, and it kinda looks like it belongs in your window. Remember our bird in our apartment story? Definitely not so cute. Glad you had someone nearby to get it out!
ANY GOOD BLOGGER would recognize that as a "picture perfect" moment!!! Ha!
Post a Comment