Friday, September 08, 2006

Evidence of a Husband Home

Yep, he's home. I got a phone call at a quarter 'til two this morning. I was groggy, but as I expected, it was Will, who often calls at weird times when overseas. About a minute into the phone call, the door bell rang. I hushed my voice and told Will that someone was at the door. Maddie was going crazy, barking like a true watchdog. Will told me that I should probably answer the door, to which I replied, "Are you crazy? It's the middle of the night!" So, I already mentioned that I was groggy, and definitely not thinking that my husband was going to be so clever at this time of night...Of course, it was Will at the door. Surprise! (I did end up with a big smile after my heart calmed down a bit. I told him that it was scary to hear the doorbell at 2 in the morning. He was afraid if he didn't call, etc. that Maddie's barking when he came through the front door would be even more unnerving. True, true. But with me, surprises are best left for the light of day. Although he did come bearing presents...)

As it turns out, they were sent back a little early, but will have to leave again Monday. So, I've got him for the weekend, and I'll take what I can get!

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I want to hear more elaboration on the "presents."

Amy said...

Wine, lots of wine to fill our new wine bar! The man knows the way to my heart...

Charla (SHar-la) said...

NICE! He knows you will be drinking it during that 4 months he is gone, right?