Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Some thoughts...


I really, really miss my friends/co-workers back in Tejas. There's nothing like having someone to share the work week with, being able to go down the hall when you need a laugh, a smile, or a place to sit and vent. Now, three of us have moved and one is pregnant. I just hope we all stay in touch - obviously since one of them is now my sister, I've got one of them for life!

On another note, I'm so glad it's Aggie football time! I need to send a big THANK YOU to my parents for getting us Sirius satellite radio so that we can listen to the Aggie games. We were even able to hear some of the Air Force game this past weekend, making Will as happy as a clam. I just wish we could be there one weekend to go to a game, or at least to sit in Bourbon St. Bar and watch while eating fried food and drinking Ace Pear Cider. Mmmm. So for all of you Aggies who are able to go to games, please post pictures so that I can feel like I'm there.

Things around the house are coming along nicely. I finally started hanging stuff on the walls, although I'm having trouble deciding where to put everything that fit so perfectly in my apartment. Right now most of it is either in the garage or in the spare room upstairs that I'm using as a craft/sewing/gift wrapping/guest room. I guess it would be more appropriate to just call it a storage room for now. Hopefully tomorrow I'll pick up a little bit more, then take more pictures to post. We finally got blinds installed yesterday, and it has rejuvenated me in a way so that I'm ready to continue organizing and purging things I no longer need. We have a little less than a month until our next house guests are coming, and I'd like to get the house in tip top shape by then!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Kelsey and I went to Auburn--it was my first time back there in 12 years--for a game and I forgot how much I missed that atmosphere...

...and, manalive what I wouldn't give for satellite radio at this time of year. I have no idea what I'd do with it after football season, though. Is it any good for other stuff?

Alicia said...

Amy, do you have a Container Store near you? If so, they have this really cool gift-wrapping station. It has a rubbermaid-type tub that holds everything. When you're ready to use it, the lid couples as a wrapping surface with a paper holder at one end and a place for scissors, tape, ribbon, etc. at the other end. There's even a fold-up stand that you set the whole thing on. Then everything fits either on the outside or inside of the tub and folds small enough to slide under a bed. It would be a great thing for your spare room.

Amy said...

Brent - I've found it's great for when you're in the car for a while...There's a Discovery Channel that plays the programs (like Cash Cab, which is fun to listen to, and the other documentary type shows), and Travel Channel, comedy stations (some are totally clean, some are not) and other entertainment type channels. It's highly entertaining to me, and it is interesting enough to make the time go by. Then there is any type of music you could think of, plus news and all sports - so you could follow football season with hockey, then baseball, etc. I think the upfront cost can be whatever you want - there is a huge range of them out there. We got one that could go in the car, and also in a boom box so we could listen to the games in the house and not have to sit in the car!

Alicia - I'm googling Container Stores right now. I'm sure there's one in Seattle, but I know we don't have one here in Olympia. I'm sure there are other things there I could use, so I might have to go browse if I find one!