
It's sometimes overwhelming to think of all of the places to go and things to do in WA. Our to-do list is already miles long. I'd love to be able to live here and just explore, without having to work or have my husband away. We have missed out on the clear days, I think, as it has been cold and very cloudy for the past few days, without much relief in the forecast. Regardless, here are the things I should be blogging about sometime (I'm leaving the time frame open due to weather restraints and Will's schedule):
- Mt. Rainier (pictured above)
- Pike Place Market
- Seattle Underground Tour
- Vancouver, B.C.
- Portland, OR
- San Juan Islands
- Olympic National Forest
- Seahawks Game (Will's already been once, and we already went to a Mariners' game)
- Skiing at the various WA ski areas, of which I know very little about
- Alaska Cruise
That's all I can think of for now. Surely there is more to do and see, and I'll add those things as they come up!
On another note, I worked today! I finally had my first sub job, and although it was only a half day, it was wonderful to get up with a purpose and be back in a school. It was a good day. Hopefully it will become a little more regular as the year really gets underway.
4 comments:
Well, hopefully we can check a few of those off of your list while I am there! I know I will be on a "vacation" from school, but I definitely don't need to be "vacationing" while I'm visiting! I'm up for whatever! Oh, and when I was trying to get a picture to post the other day on my blog about traveling, I originally chose that exact pic of Mt. Rainier, but decided upon the pic of how far Washington really is from Texas. Although, I AM that much closer to you now that we're in CHildress (vs. College Station). You will sort of get to see Portland when you come pick me up...heard all about your subbing from mom and I'm so glad you got that opportunity. Who knew librarians worked so hard in the Northwest!? Ha!
I will be glad to check out any on this list with you when we get there. We can tell you about Portland lights as we arrive on the 5th..... just a little over 2 weeks away. I'm already thinking about wardrobe and writing lesson plans.... yeee haaaaa!!!
What a great list! We only managed to get a few of those things done, but you HAVE to add Snoqualmie Falls to your list.. in the summer it's BEAUTIFUL and so nice to hang out at! Also the REI in Seattle!! It's the flagship store and it has a cool rock wall - terrifying but cool! :-)
Hey. I am from Waco (went to Midway High) and I've been living up here in Seattle for a few years now. I forget how I found your blog but I saw that Mt. Rainier shot (now like home to me!) and had to drop you a line and say hi.
Hope you like Washington.
--Andrea
Oh, and you mentioned not knowing much about the ski spots here... here's a few to check out:
Snoqualmie
Steven's Pass
Krystle Mountain
Mt. Baker (I think you can still ski on Baker, not sure though)
There's Whistler up in BC but that's a bit of a commute. Not my favorite though; it's always raining
Post a Comment