Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Morning - during which time I should be going to work, but I am blogging instead...

-Will and I had a good chat this morning about mortgages and financial stuff. I've been so agitated and frustrated and [fill-in-the-blank jaded/negative emotion] over the current financial crisis. All I know is that our name is on our mortgage, not "U.S. Government."

Where has the personal responsibility gone in all of this mess? If you don't pay your car loan, your car gets repossessed. When you owe someone money, you pay it back. This should not be news to anyone. This has become a debt reliant country of people who feel entirely entitled to spend without limit - spend completely out of accordance with income. Where are we headed and what can be done?

-A group of kiddos from my class is going to see "City of Ember" tonight, and they and their parents invited me to join them. Should be fun.

-Will's return is rapidly approaching...but there are a bunch of hurdles to jump first, including parent/teacher conferences and progress reports. I just hope no one brings their dog this year.

-My house is very clean because I hosted a Southern Living at HOME party last night. I truly love having a clean house. It makes getting up and getting out the door to work so much more pleasant if I know I don't have to come home and clean at the end of the day (especially at the end of a Friday!).

1 comment:

Brent said...

I think it's VERY cool that some kids in your class invited you to do something social with them. I think getting invited to a movie is a HUGE tribute to your ability to do your job well.