I made some pumpkin pie dip for a party last week and it was delicious - however, I couldn't truly enjoy it because of though of all the calories! I made it with reduced-fat cream cheese, but it still had a cup of powdered sugar in it, too. So I searched the internet and found a different dip, but still a high-calorie one. I modified it (and changed the flavor of pudding mix from vanilla to cheesecake) and it's a winner! Delish. Try it...
1 tub Cool Whip Free
1 pkg fat-free/sugar-free Cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
about 12-15 oz. pumpkin pie filling (to taste)
Stir together the pie filling and pudding mix. Fold in the Cool Whip. Refrigerate for a few hours (it tastes great immediately, but even better after it sits a while). Serve with ginger snaps or graham cracker sticks (regular or cinnamon).
I've seen it served in a small, hollowed-out pumpkin, but that's a little ambitious for me. This filling would also be great in a pie shell! Enjoy.
12 years ago
2 comments:
I made this for all my coworkers last year for Christmas. I put the dip in small Mason jars and wrapped them with decorative ribbon and then put a handful of ginger snaps in a cute brown paper bag and tied it with the same ribbon. It was fun and easy and everyone loved it! I will DEFINITELY have to try the "better-for-you" version, though! You're always so good at modifying recipes...you know I can't get enough of Amy's BSGMB!! Yum Yum!
I am totally using that idea! What a great gift.
Post a Comment