Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Maybe it's because my husband is gone and I'm lonely...

Maybe it's because I've been working a lot in some tough classrooms...

Maybe it's because I hit my head really, really hard last night while cleaning under the counter...

Maybe it's because the weather is positively dismal, and the snow just won't melt...

Maybe it's because I know first-hand how strange the people can be...



...whatever it is, I am [only slightly] ashamed to admit that I'm watching American Idol and I absolutely love it. Can I just say that I think I have almost certainly run into several of these contestants? I'm pretty sure they work at the grocery store and the post office, and their kids go to school in my district. It's true.

6 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Maybe it's because we don't have cable, and our only other option for television veiwing was something with dead bodies or blood....

but I also found myself watching American Idol last night!

Did you see that crazy tall girl from Wichita Falls?!?! So said she was 6'7, but that was with heels. I don't think that counts, does it?

Stay warm!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Ouch...I can't get away from the thought of you hitting your head on the counter...so been there before! I fell on ice in Levelland and it still hurts, so I can totally sympathize! I want to hear about the hard schools you've taught at...are you using your JLMS skills? Oh, be sure to read my latest post and notice where the story takes place! Ha! Can't wait till you are a Texan again!

Alicia said...

Wow. That Seattle audition was ridiculous! I think you should seriously consider going into counseling. It looks like you'd have a HUGE venue! But, to Seattle's credit, a lot of those weirdos traveled to Seattle for the auditions and don't actually live there. But still...I'm so sorry!

the spicer blog said...

Watching Americal Idol made me think of you last night, and reading your blog makes me miss you and your wit! You are too funny!

Puente Family said...

I watched American Idol last night too and Jason and I actually discussed you living there and I was telling him all about the pictures of the snow...etc. This was only my second time to watch it and Jason's first. By the end, Jason admitted, "I cannot believe I am watching this, much less enjoying it". How funny that we all watched it! :-)

R A and L D said...

We missed it. The electricity went off about 3:30 pm and didn't come back again until 9:30 this morning. Thank goodness for the wood stove and Grandma's shower. Oh, and quit taking your cleaning so seriously..... under the counters,.... (exasperated tone here....rolling the eyes.....hand on one hip....) Reeeaaaalllly.
Love ya- Mom Dabney