Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Threats of snow, more storms...I didn't know what to believe. It seems the weather reports are, more often than not, wrong for our part of the Evergreen State. So, when I woke up at 3 a.m., I decided to peek out the window to see the "snow storm," and guess what? No snow. However, waking up four hours later, here's what I saw...



Maddie was not such a happy camper having to go out in the snow. She paced the edge of the yard, right next to the fence, where the snow was barely covering the ground. She looked at me with big, sad eyes (and snow in her beard) and begged to be let in.



As I type we are in a winter wonderland, with big, heavy snow falling. And, to illustrate my point about the weather reports - Just an hour ago on the local news, the meteorologist said that our area would be receiving (today - he spoke in the present tense as if there were not already snow on the ground) a trace amount of snow, and in some cases up to two inches. So, according to the news, it is not snow in these pictures. And even if it were, it's certainly not blizzard-like, it's just flurries.

Here are the pictures I jumped off the couch to take in order to capture the "flurries." Pretty, huh?









So for now, Maddie and I will be curled up on the couch, fire roaring, enjoying coffee and knitting.

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow!

Kierstyn said...

Wow is right! That and....

NO FAIR!!!! It was almost 70 degrees here today. Oh well, and least it provided me the opportunity to get the kids out of the house.

Hope you're enjoying the wonderful winter weather.

Kierstyn

Brent said...

I really think I'd love living in the Pac NW.

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Is school cancelled? I'm jealous...I want a snow day. Its supposed to snow here Sunday...we'll see how much if it does!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I'm glad at least you have the choice to drive Will's 4 wheel drive if you need it.

Anonymous said...

NO BRENT YOU WOULD NOT, IT DOESNT SNOW LIKE THAT VERY OFTEN IN WESTERN WASHINGTON ACTUALLY

Audrey T said...

It's so pretty and curling up with a cute pup and a roaring fire sounds fabulous! I've been waiting and waiting for some snow here in North Carolina, but I don't think we're going to get any this year.

Puente Family said...

I AM JEALOUS!!! I love the snow...well, at least I think I do. I haven't experienced it that much, but it sure looks like a fun time to me! :-)