Need a job?
This state employs more sign-holders than any place else in the world, I think. Every street corner in commercial areas has sign-holders on them. For new homes, liquidation sales, and deals on anything and everything else you can imagine. Sometimes the sign-holders are even in costume. Sometimes they dance (they usually have iPods). Sometimes the signs have too much to read or too small of print, so they're not likely to be very effective. These sign-holders are out there rain or shine (which means usually rain, so they're in bright yellow ponchos). I have no idea where you sign up to get such a job, but at least I know if times get tight I can get a job somewhere...I bet I could hold a mean sign.
Today I saw a guy holding a red, arrow-shaped sign. "Now Selling" was all it read. The guy holding this sign was wearing khakis and a red sweatshirt...no other identifying factors. He was on a corner of a busy intersection with dozens of stores in strip malls. So, I'm left thinking, now selling what? Again, not so effective. Or maybe I just don't appreciate the intricacies of this marketing strategy...because I think I might drive by there again tomorrow to investigate just what is sold now and whether or not I need it.
12 years ago
2 comments:
Was he anywhere near a Target store?
I wonder if the job has benefits?
Post a Comment