Year-round school?
Nope, they don't actually have year-round school here, but they did just finish the first semester of school. School should have ended around the 20th of June, but due to snow days/power outages it looks like they'll be in school until nearly July. I wonder if they're allowed to celebrate the Fourth of July at school, or if it's one of those holidays that might offend someone...
12 years ago
2 comments:
They changed the law in Texas, too. Now school will start August 27 (in every district, no exemptions) and end the first week of June.
But, you know, I went to college on the quarter system and it seemed to work well (4 10-week quarters with about three weeks between each one) and I've thought about how that might work in a student/parent perspective. How would that work from a teacher's perspective?
Hmmm...I don't know about quarters. It sounds good to me, at least for older kids, but I don't know it would work for younger kids with working parents. I think we've become so used to this August/September to May/June thing and employers understand that people need some time off in the summer to be with kids who are home. Those three weeks in between the quarters are what throw me off, I guess.
Up here it kinda works out to get out of school so, so late because the weather gets nice in June, but is the best for outside activities in July and August.
Post a Comment