Monday, September 22, 2008

Recipe Exchange!

My s-i-l, Charla, put out the call for recipes...Here's a favorite of mine - my niece, Marla, introduced me to this over the summer. Super easy and delicious.

Spinach Sausage Pasta

Ingredients:
2 cups rotini or penne pasta, uncooked
1/2 lb. hot or mild Italian sausage (you can use the kind that comes ground, found by the ground beef or breakfast sausage, depending on the store...it's also great with brats - just slice them up into bite-sized pieces!)
1 pkg. (6 oz.) baby spinach leaves (7 cups)
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained (the kind with oregano, garlic, and basil already in them)
1 cup Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
2 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese

COOK
pasta as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, crumble meat into large deep skillet. Cook on medium-high heat 10 to 12 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally; drain. Add spinach and tomatoes; cook 2 min. or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.

DRAIN pasta. Add to skillet along with the cheeses; toss lightly.

*Note - be sure to add the cheese right before serving...otherwise, it tends to clump. Oh, and you may want to double this recipe, it's that good.

I'm sure I'll think of some more to share, but that one is the easiest to remember, and turns out great every time!


2 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

Sounds delish! I think my guys would love it.

By the way, did I mention that I met your sis and bro-in-law a couple of Sundays ago at church? Yup. Nice couple with a very, very cute baby. =-) But you knew that already!

Amy said...

Yeah! My sister told me that, too. She said she looked at your name tag and thought, I know her! Ha! "Know" takes on a whole new meaning with blogs, huh?

I'm glad you ran into them...that Hannah is absolutely the sweetest!