-This is a great site (thanks, Uncle Rocky!).
-I tried a new class at the gym tonight. Afterwards, I decided it's the perfect hump day class - not too strenuous, but definitely a workout, and lots of fun! I looked like a total fool! At one point we were zumba-ing to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" and mine sure didn't - they told the true story that this girl has got no moves...
-I'm so glad my mom is coming to visit soon! I just wish I didn't have to work while she's here.
-About work, it's going so well. I love my class and the other sixth grade teacher. We just mesh well, and collaborate, and (shocker) we both actually enjoy kids! This relationship makes all the difference in the world as far as boosting my want-to factor...I want to work with this person and I enjoy our meetings. Things aren't perfect (are they ever?) but they are far and away better than last year.
-If you know someone who's husband/wife is going to be delployed and they don't already use Netflix, you should get it for them as a gift (just for the months of the deployment, or go in together with a few friends to cover it). It has been really nice to be able to fill some of the hours that I'm home alone, hours that I don't feel like doing anything but curling up on the couch and relaxing with a movie. One of the guys who is deployed with Will takes care of the Netflix queue for his wife - she never knows what's coming next and it's been fun for her to see how well her husband knows her tastes. I think you could do this for a friend, especially one that you know well.
...Just my two cents. Hope you have a great end to the week!
12 years ago
3 comments:
Okay, first, love your new blog look! It is very sweet, yet not too girly and fru fru...just like you! I am so wishing you were here so we could watch movies together! I'm SO thankful your school year is going better. I feel like I'm barely breathing, but still loving the job...I just have taken on so much! Hugs!
So how do you get a link to post into your blog? How did you make the word this link to allmyfaves.com? I wanted to give cowgirl a shout-out thank you and link to her blog in my post but it didn't work. Am I making any sense?? Love the new look and so glad your year is off to a great start. It has been cool and pleasant here this week - a nice change! Miss you!
Work atmosphere is everything... good relations equals a good year in my class. Sounds like yours will be a great year. When does your mom arrive???? Please say HI! I hope you get in a good long visit while she is there.
Post a Comment