...some finished, some just begun.
Below is the desk and chair I spray painted to use as my "sewing station." I like the way it turned out and it makes the room a little more cohesive as neither the desk nor the thrift store chair matched the rest of the furniture (dresser and futon). The color was called "brown sugar" - what? I didn't notice that was the name of it until I got it home, I just liked the color of the cap!
Next - some pictures of the backyard. We left some of the planting area in the corner of the yard (we covered the rest with sod). I planted some small trees, dusty miller and rhododendrons. This past weekend I broke out Will's new mitre saw (he doesn't know I opened it and used it, yet) and cut the landscape timbers to border it to make it look more like a true planting bed. I'll probably put some more plants back there, but my energy level for outdoor projects is more focused on the next one...
The last two pictures are of my favorite project! I am building a raised planter box for tomatoes, peppers, herbs, and whatever else catches my eye. I got this started over Memorial Day weekend, but I am waiting until Will gets back to finish. I need his help with the levelling, drilling and rebar-ing. I need his truck to get more stones and then to get the soil to fill the box. I used 5-gallon buckets, recycling tubs and trash cans to get the stones you see here, but it was a huge pain and I ended up sore...there was just a huge pile of rocks and me - I had to scoop them with the buckets/my hands and then load them into my car. I'm going to bring the truck so they can just load a huge scoop from a front-end loader - much easier! I know this project is not even half done, but hopefully you can get the gist of it.
3 comments:
AMY!
I WANT YOUR GRASS!!! It's beautiful - I am so jealous! Our attempt at growing grass didn't go so well, so we are stuck with sand and weeds! Oh well, enjoy yours for us! Keep up the hard work! ;-)
Paige
When do you just sit around and read or watch TV? Those of us homeowners who let stuff like that go feel guilt motivated by the amount of love you show to your house...
Well, it seems like I'm alone most weekends, so I've got to do something. I read during the week, after work (and I used to watch TV before all of the shows ended for the summer). Plus, I think it's a bit of "first-time homeowner" syndrome...and it makes me feel better to really like this house when family/friends are so stinkin' far away!
Post a Comment